Friday, February 24, 2012

Not for Rookies...

So everybody knows I have 4 kids.  They are all involved in activities.  Soccer season officially started this week and my schedule is HEAVY.  I wasn't sure how the behavior at the end of this week would be, but on Friday afternoon after school the girls and singing, dancing, and jamming to Selena Gomez. Darth could care less about Selena Gomez, but is in a good mood as well. We survived.  My house...that's another thing.  I wasn't taught all the domestic things growing up.  My mom is not so domestic, and I was pretty much forced to learn these things once Donnie and I moved in together.  I've gone from not being able to boil eggs to making big family dinners.  I've tackled cooking.  Cleaning is another thing.  Donnie does none of it.  When I mean none of it, I'm serious.  I don't ask him to help.  Sometimes I want to strangle him for not helping me once in a while, but I don't help the household financially bc I don't work..so OK.  My schedule this week went like this..

Monday- kids in school until 240.  Paige soccer from 530-6, Coby Tae Kwon Do from 615-715
Tuesday- Tae Kwon Do from 615-715
Wednesday- Zuri and Liana soccer from 530-615(me coaching), Paige and Zuri Girl Scouts from 615-730
Thursday- Gymnastics for Paige and Zuri from 4-5, Paige soccer from 530-7, and TKD for Coby from 615-715.
Friday- day off...Woo Hoo!
Saturday- Head to Missouri for Tae Kwon Do Tournament.

Really, this schedule is for no rookie mother.  I can't rely on Donnie because you never know what time he will be out of surgery.  His schedule is so unpredictable.  My life right now is who needs to be where, at what time, how are they getting there, and what time are we finally going to get to eat dinner?!  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to pull this off on my own, but for the most part I did.  Coby rode with a friend on Thursday to go to TKD.

Back to cleaning..I like to think sometimes that I've become the motherly domestic goddess.  Reality has set in.  I had a day off to actually look at the home, and I am no domestic goddess.  The house was a mess.  Growing up I had relatives with filthy homes.  I can't do it.  You never know when someone will want to come over for a playdate.  I thought that I could be this SAHM that always has the clean home, the kids are content and happy, dinner is always cooked.  Its not happening.  Although I don't think we had any take out this week, the home did not stay clean and organized.  It didn't help that the dishwasher broke and a douche bag rear ended me, fled the scene, and I had to chase him down because you can't just hit my Tahoe and take off`.  I had other things going on besides cleaning the home.  I'm not sure if it really matters that the house was not clean at the end of the week to anybody else, but it does to me.  I did get everybody where they needed to be, on time sort of, and at the end of the week everybody is happy, healthy, and content.  I thought that when we were busy and not home most of the evening that the house would keep itself clean...not so much really.  I need to work on my balance.  If it means I'm up way after the kids bedtime to get this stuff done, then I'm good with that.  Although my schedule is for no rookie mother, I need to be that domestic goddess!




No comments:

Post a Comment