Saturday, October 6, 2012

We went shopping. These kids are growing up.

Its hella cold today.  It was in the 40's with rain.  Paige had a football game to cheer at today.  It was awesome..I mean fucking horrible.  It was COLD.  Donnie worked a 24 hour shift somewhere, I suppose I should know where, but I don't.  I know. I'm an awesome wife.  We can chat about that later.  I get out the winter coats, hats, gloves to bundle everybody up for the game being that I do NOT like to be cold.  My office is like an ice box.  When I'm home I prefer to be so warm that I can walk around the house in shorts and a tank and be comfy.  Last year, right before Spring of course, Coby lost his jacket.  I bought him a super cute one from GAP and got an awesome deal on it being that spring apparel was already out.  Liana got a new coat last year as well.  Paige and Zuri got new coats the year before that had still fit.  I've had the house on a rotating jacket schedule the last few years.  Now hearing this you might think I'm crazy, but I'm not and it works for the most part.  It has worked out that every year we only have to buy two kids new coats instead of all 4.  Paige's coat is now two years old.  I thought it might work, might not.  Sure enough it is too short in the sleeves.  Zuri put it on and was excited to claim it now that it doesn't fit Paige.  Works for me.  Paige went to a birthday party, then a sleepover with a friend with a church date in the morning.  We had been browsing online at The Children's Place and she picked out a hat she liked, then we start browsing coats.  We do it backwards around here.  Since I was down one kid, we head to the mall instead of ordering online.  We get to the mall and hit the hats, scarves, and gloves first thing.  Liana picks out a hat, actually a few.  I grab the one Paige picked out, then I work on Zuri.  Zuri heads to the jewelery section first.  I inform her she's getting no earrings if she doesn't pick out a hat.  We find one she likes.  This is going well.  The child likes nothing.  Then we start browsing clothing.  One of the hats Liana picked out was a super cute girl monkey hat that even has a hair bow on it.  This store knows my style.  Liana then spots a monkey shirt that matches the hat and politely asks if she can have it.  How am i suppose to say NO to that?!  Of course not.  I say YES!  She grabs the shirt.  We browse for Coby next.  Now in all years prior I can shop for Coby and buy him clothing and he doesn't care what i bought.  Not this year.  He's got an opinion this year.  Good for him.  His jeans I made him put on today were starting to get into the flood stage, which again I DO NOT LIKE.  I find him some jeans and asks if there were any shirts he liked, so he picks out a belt.  Again, I guess we all like to works backwards.  I then start browsing for Zuri next who likes just about nothing.  I do not like clothing with peace signs on it, but being that is some of the only things that she likes, I go with it.  I spot a peace sign fleece hoodie with matching fleece pants.  Its a negative.  I spot some super cute pink skinny jegging looking things.  She says No, Liana says Ohhhh those are cute!  We head back to her section and grab a pair for her.  The girls pick out earrings and we exit the mall.  As we get into the truck I take a few pictures to text to daddy so he can see what they picked out.  I glance at Liana and realize the kid is growing up!  She had on a black leo underneath a tight hot pink hello Kitty shirt, a white tutu skirt, and silver Bobs, and this super sequenced panda hat she picked out.  Shes growing up.  Shes not a baby anymore and she's got her own style and opinion!  Its cute to see her pick out her own things and shes totally my little fashionista.  Zuri could care less about what she has on.  Paige likes clothing, but not to Liana's extent.  I know the baby of the house is growing up, but as I looked at her tonight it just became so apparent.  I'm OK with her growing up, but I hope she never looses her style. 



No comments:

Post a Comment