Thursday, May 31, 2012

29 days

29 days to go until my husband moves back home.  I've talked about the series of unfortunate events that usually occurs when he is gone..it continues.  The past few days have been a little weird. On Tuesday the kids adopted a new kitten from the animal shelter.  We had a new kitten shortly after Ollie was killed.  She was a little too much for me to handle.  She was a Bengal.  Bengals are suppose to be smart yet kitten like all their life.  I can handle kitten, I can't handle stupid.  Stupid she was.  She peed and crapped everywhere she should not have.  She didn't last long.  A few weeks have gone by.  The kids had started mentioning the kitten subject again.  I debate again.  I don't like small things.  This includes puppies, babies, kittens.  I decided we really need to go the shelter route this time and the kids have spotted a kitten.  I really didn't want to get a kitten.  Monte is my boy.  A very very very spoiled boy.  Paige won't let up about the kitten and Donnie thinks we owe them one.  We head to the shelter in the first ten minutes they were open on Tuesday and adopt the kitten.  She was 25 bucks.  This included shots, license, and spay.  Good deal.  They inform us we can pick her up the next day(Wednesday) BTW 4-6pm.  We get there right at 4 and they bring her out.  Her eyes are dilated.  She looks like she has no iris at all.  We bring her home, lock her in my room bc she isn't feeling well and so Monte does not get her.  She finds her way under the bathroom vanity.  We will call this rescue number 1.  I get her out and she hides the rest of the night.  I put her in the bathroom overnight with the litter box, food, water, blankets.  This morning I go in there and she managed to find her way into the jacuzzi.  She's sitting under the leaking faucet, cold from water drips, and a bar of soap stuck to her butt.  I bring her out, dry her off, try to cuddle.  She gets down and takes off.  Behind the washer she goes.  Then I see her run into a hole in the wall bc the previous owner of the house cut out a section of drywall for some odd reason.
 Shit shit shit.  Where does that go is my immediate thought,  how am I going to get her out is my second thought.  I pull the washer out, get the flashlight out and I don't see her.  I call my grandpa to ask construction questions.  I'm getting nowhere.  I decide to leave and go tanning.  She might come out right if the house is quiet?  I go tanning, come back home, still nothing.  I'm texting Donnie that the damn kitten is stuck in the walls of the house.  I have no idea what to do and what I'm going to tell the kids should she die in there.  Then my genius self decided I would run to Walmart and get some tuna.  Tuna stinks, cats like it, she might come out.  The washer is pulled out again at this point blocking my usual garage entry way.  I head out the front door and not thinking lock it behind me.  This is significant bc I don't have a house key.  One, yes one, house key was included when we purchased our house. I gave it to a friend of mine when we went home in March.  I never got it back.  At this point again I'm thinking Fuuuuuccck.  I'm locked out, but I can't confirm until I get home.  I get my tuna, come home and yes, I'm definitely locked out.  I check the backdoor in hopes that maybe, just maybe, the kids didn't actually listen to me when I told them to lock it.  They did.  I check my usual break in window..its good and locked since the last time I had to break in the house.  I get a hold of my friend who has my key who says her husband is on his way home and will bring me the key.  I hang out for a while.  He brings a key..its not the right key.  Figures.  This is just my luck and just my day.  I want a redo. I decide to check a window that I can never usually shut all the way.  I get lucky.  Very lucky.  Liana is getting good at this crawling through the window thing.
I get in the house, set out my tuna, make the kids go away for the quiet factor.  She still isn't coming out.  I call my good friend Bernie.  He has told me before if I ever had any more snakes in the house to call him and he would come right over.  He has to be in court for a client shortly and can't help me until later.  Just a few minutes later he calls me back and says he has a friend who does drywall and is going to call him.  His sheet rock friend calls me and is coming right over.  In the meantime another friend of mine Denise says she has a husband who loves drywall and she is sending him over.  Both men arrive about the same time.  The sheet rock guy immediately notices the laundry room is not an outside wall and I take him to my walk in closet which is the other side of that wall that she went into.  He says right away confidently shes right in here.  We just need to take all this apart and she should be right there. I'm excited.  There is no wall cutting at this point.  I take all the stuff out of my closet, apologize for the comments the kids are making about things like the handcuffs their daddy has in the closet which they make note that he does sometimes use on mommy.  I do hear him ask then if their daddy is a policeman..nope.  He is an anaesthesiologist.  Nice.  Thanks kids.  He takes the closet apart and yes, there she is.  About ten feet from the entry way of that wall hole.  I grab her and lock her in a bedroom.  Then he so kindly patches the hole in the wall that some doufas cut.
My friend's husband notices while the sheet rock guy is patching that hole that I forgot to take the garbage out today.  He lives in the neighborhood as well and knows today was garbage day.  He also knows how I had to pry the window open with the wonder bar(pry bar looking thing) this morning and I think he's just feeling really bad for me at this point.  He takes my garbage for me.  The sheet rock guy thinks this is all sooo funny and charges me nothing for his repairs.  Kitten rescue number 2 complete.  I lock her into a room again and we go on our way to activities for the night.  My day has finally ended.  My house is a disaster, the closet contents are sprawled all over my bedroom, Coby handcuffed Paige's feet together, but the kitten is out of my walls.  29 more days until my husband comes home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment