Wednesday, May 23, 2012

For real?

Ok really.  Today is the first day that school has been out for summer vacation.  I dread this time every year.  I was excited at first only to realize that I just needed one day as a break, then they could go back.  Call me unmotherly, selfish, whatever you want, but I'm being completely honest.  Donnie has been gone for about 7 weeks now.  We have until July 1st to go.  I'm beginning to realize already how much I needed that quiet time away from most of the kids to myself.  Every mother needs time to herself.  Today has tested my patience in every way possible.  Before 10am we had already had catastrophies.  Zuri somehow pulled my spice rack down that Paige originally pulled down last week.  The combination of spices and herbs plus pepper all over the floor was a little too much AND I had just washed all the tile to make it worse.

  I decided that I would enforce a quiet hour of the day, everyday just to get my household things done and to have my quiet time.  I thought this was a good plan....I thought wrong.  Quiet time today was from 1-2.  Everybody stayed in their rooms for the most part.  At 2pm when I went upstairs to let everybody know they could come out of their rooms, I realized the destruction the little girls did while they were quiet for that hour.  They decided it would be really really cool to play inside of the bean bag.  Let me tell you, this was not a really cool plan.  I gave them oppurtunity to clean the mess together and enforced they would not be coming out until it was cleaned up.  Liana loves to clean, Zuri does not.  Liana attempted to clean the mess, but Zuri kept dumping the bean bag contents back out, so she was left to do it by herself.  It's now 5:20pm and shes still in there.
How the heck am I going to survive the summer with this?!  The events of today only scream SUMMER SCHOOL to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment